Yes the time between Christmas and New Year. It seems to me people wander round not really knowing what they should be doing. I mean Christmas and New Year are so very structured:
- Make sure turkey is in
- Unwrap presents
- Eat chocolate for breakfast, feel a little sick
- Find presents you haven’t unwrapped
- Eat Turkey
- Eat some more
- Threaten to kill at least one family member
- Break at least one present
- (UK) Argue about watching The Queen / Watch The Queen
- Drunken stupor
- (US) Back to work, really? Boxing Day richest country in the world and a day off to recover from Christmas is beyond you? OK
- Boxing Day, sporting day so maybe watch your team lose #AdkinsOut
- Eat leftovers
- Eat new food that someone brought especially (Mad world people)
- Sales (Farting all the way)
Now the abyss, the days which aren’t called anything. They may as well be January 17th for all that matters! What do you do? Some people had to work on the 27th, but some were able to take time off. But what do you do? Do you go to see friends? They might be at work, or gone to see family they made an excuse not to see on Christmas Day. TV is shit, all the good stuff was on a few days ago. Do you hit the sales (again)? Noooooooo screams your bank card, are you mad you don’t get paid yet. So you fart about, going hither and yon trying to find quality time to do something, anything.
All spent floating around. Saying maybe we should do this, or maybe that. Maybe I should write a blog piece that no-one will read. On the 30th you will discover that the beer you got from that bloke expired on the 29th. So you will buy some beer 2 crates for £16. Forgetting that the offer in the summer was 3 crates for £16. “Well it’s New Year”
New Years Eve: Cretins Holiday
A time for people who need to be told when and exactly how to have fun Whoo yeah, man made time celebration. It’s gonna be different, overnight. Yeah like it is for the other 300+ overnights.
- Looking forward to the next 6 months of writing a 3 when you should write a 4
Happy New Year people, despite being a miserable bastard I hope 2014 is for you, dear reader, a year filled with Beauty, Happiness and Light. Who knows it might even happen for me too.